Apple cider vinegar and water to lower blood sugar levels



Sometimes you learn through trial and error.  As you know, I bought a juicer, which is my new best friend.  If it looks juicable, I juice it.  What I learned is that diabetics need to stay far, far away from carrot juice and melon juice.  Yes, they are both filled with many great things for the mind and body (really good for your sex life) but they have a high sugar content and after three days and a lot of exercise my blood count is still high (I had a lot of carrot juice because sometimes I have the discipline of a five-year-old)

So to lower the blood count I’ve started taking tow teaspoons of  apple cider vinegar just before I go to bed (I want to remind you to try taking two spoonful’s of pecan butter before bed time as well, it curbs the appetite and keeps bloody sugars steady through the night)   

You mix the vinegar with a tall glass of water and let me tell you, it taste as God awful  as you think it tastes.

Apple cider vinegar is a type of vinegar made by the fermentation of apple cider. During the fermentation process, sugar in the apple cider is broken down by bacteria and yeast into alcohol and then into vinegar. Like many types of vinegar, apple cider vinegar contains a substance called acetic acid. Apple cider vinegar also contains some lactic, citric and malic acids.

From what I have read, apple cider vinegar MIGHT help Acne, allergies, arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, flu, gout, heartburn, high cholesterol and sore throat.  Many people use it as a weight loss aid. (It makes you go to the bathroom)

As far as diabetes is concerned research suggests that vinegar (both apple cider vinegar and other types) may benefit people with diabetes.  Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar at bedtime showed favorable changes in blood sugar levels the following morning. Another test showed that diabetic rats (Stop and think about that for a minute) fed an apple-cider-vinegar-enhanced diet for four weeks experienced an increase in HDL ("good") cholesterol (as well as a reduction in their levels of triglycerides, a type of harmful blood fat).