Beat it

Beat it

I'm supposed to eat fish twice a week, not a problem for me.  Actually, I would eat four days a week if I could, especially shell f ish, but that isn’t healthy either.
So I’ve been buying this flash frozen fish (Flash frozen is perfectly fine to buy and eat.) packaged by a company named Beacon Light.  I buy them at Giant Foods, a chain store we have here in DC where I live.
There are four fillets per package and each fillet is individually wrapped and comes in at about 90 calories per package.
I defrost them quickly by placing the packages in tepid water for a few minutes and then place them in an oven at 360 for 15 minutes.  I bake my fish in lemon juice but you can also use canola oil.
I stopped putting salt on the fish, because I’m trying to keep the salt down to one teaspoon a day but I do drench it in pepper.  Sometimes I toss in a chopped onion and some parsley.
After I remove the fish from the oven but let the lemon juice in the pan bake for a while longer and when it browns, pour that over the fish.