By Megan Friedman
Did every other friend of yours ditch bread this year? That's because 2014 was the year of Paleo. Google has just released its "trending" searches of the year, and when it came to diets, wheat was definitely out. Paleo had the highest spike in search popularity this year, followed by the Atkins diet and gluten-free diets.
While they were planning their protein-heavy meals, people in 2014 were also Googling their calorie counts. "How many calories are in a banana?" was the top trending search, followed by queries about pumpkin pie, apples, eggs, and avocados.
And after they ate their low-calorie, low-carb meals, people went a little bit crazy with their exercise plans. The Insanity workout, which combines high intensity with interval training, was the top trending routine of the year, followed by T25 (a 25-minute offshoot of Insanity) and Piyo (a workout that combines, yoga, pilates, and cardio).
Take a look at the most Googled diet and fitness queries of the year, and start taking notes for your New Year's resolution.
1. Paleo Diet
2. Atkins Diet
3. Gluten Free Diet
4. Mediterranean Diet
5. Dash Diet
6. The Military Diet
7. HCG Diet
8. South Beach Diet
9. Super Shred Diet
10. The Doctor's Diet
Trending Calorie Searches
1. How many calories are in a banana?
2. How many calories are in pumpkin pie?
3. How many calories are in an apple?
4. How many calories are in an egg?
5. How many calories are in an avocado?
6. How many calories are in a cheeseburger?
7. How many calories are in a Big Mac?
8. How many calories are in watermelon?
9. How many calories are in an orange?
10. How many calories in a slice of pizza?
Trending Workouts and Exercises
2. T25 Workout
3. Piyo Workout
4. 7 Minute Workout
6. Kettlebell Workout
7. Tabata Workout
8. Body Beast
9. Burpee Workout
10. 5x5 Workout